In 1976 the Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene met with a group of people who had been traveling from the Vineland and surrounding areas to the Pennsville Church of the Nazarene and asked if they would be willing to be part of the birth of a new Church of the Nazarene in Vineland, NJ. This city was chosen because it is the site of the National Holiness Association founded in July of 1867. There is a Centennial Memorial plaque dated 1867 – 1967 located in the Landis Park commemorating the Association.
A start up fund had been established for the first holiness church to organize in Vineland and they would qualify for that gift. The group was also told that the land the church now sits on was available for purchase. After much prayer, the Pennsville Church of the Nazarene agreed to birth the Vineland First Church of the Nazarene, now known as Ramoth Church, A Loving Community of Nazarenes.